Alabama Baseball Coaches Association
2022 UNSIGNED HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR BASEBALL PLAYER SHOWCASE
Rescheduled (as of 5/25) due to a high chance of rain Thursday, May 26.
New Showcase Date & Site: May 31, 2022 – Held at Prattville High School
Address: 1315 Upper Kingston Road, Prattville, 36067
Players check-in from 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. CST, Showcase begins at 2:00 p.m. CST.
* Only for 2022 Seniors who play baseball during the 2022 spring season
in the State of Alabama.
Pre-Registration is open until May 19, 2022, 5:00 p.m. CST.
Players must pre-register here to attend, NO WALK-UPS ALLOWED.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
The Showcase limit is 125 Players. If pre-registration is closed earlier than
May 19 at 5:00 p.m., that means the limit was achieved sooner.
When & Where: Sunday, May 22 at Auburn University at Montgomery – 7400 East Drive – Montgomery, AL. 36117.
Player Check-In on May 22: 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. at Concession Stand behind the baseball field. Workout begins at 2:00 p.m. – Ends when the
final player is worked out,
Who May Attend: Any State of Alabama ONLY 2022 Senior High School Baseball Player – AHSAA, AISA, Home Schooled, etc.
* Colleges committed to being at this workout (as of 3/30/22). Teams will be added as they come onboard:
Auburn University at Montgomery, Bishop State C.C., Coastal Alabama-North C.C., Enterprise State C.C., Gadsden State C.C., Huntingdon College,
Lawson State C.C., LBW C.C., Northwest Shoals C.C., Snead State C.C., Southern Union C.C., Wallace State-Hanceville C.C., Wallace-Selma C.C.
Cost: $50, if the Players High School or Travel Ball Baseball Coach is a 2021 – 2022 ALABCA Member, $75 if both are not. The players coach may join before the player registers if he isn’t already a member. This must occur before the player registers if he is to receive the discount.
To see if your Head High School Baseball Coach or Travel Ball Coach is a member Click Here
* How to Pre-Register:
You must pre-register online by May 19, 2021, 5:00 p.m. CST. to attend this Showcase.
The Showcase limit is 125 players. No walk-ups. Click HERE to pre-register and pay the
Showcase fee. Thank you. PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
- Players may only workout at one position. Unless the College Coaches present request the player to work out at multiple positions.
If the player pitches and plays a position they should workout at their position, and inform Barry Dean before they throw from their position,
that he’d like to be considered to pitch if the college coaches like his arm action when throwing from his defensive position.
- All participants are timed in the 60.
- Pitchers throw to 3 hitters live pitches on the game mound. PO’s throw live first, then may leave.
- On-Field Batting Practice (8 cuts).
- Defensive work: OF – Throw from RF – 2 to 3B, 2 to home, INF – Round of infield, Catchers – throw 4 to 2B.
- Hitters will hit against the PO’s and the position players who are asked to pitch live.
This is a professional style workout.
* In case of inclement weather – The night before the workout – check the ALABCA web-site by 8 p.m. to see if there is a delaying/rescheduling/cancelling of the workout. Go to www.alabca.org, See the Upcoming Events Section on the left hand side of the home page.
Any questions may be directed to Barry Dean at: (334)676-0434 (text is preferred) or email@example.com.
Common Questions: Players should bring their own baseball gear to workout in – attire, spikes, turfs, hat, glove, bat, helmet, etc. Baseballs, helmets & water will be provided. Players may eat on their own during the workout when they have down time and are not being worked out. Workouts will be over whenever each player is fully worked out – depends on how many players participate, 5/6 hours if the 125 player limit is achieved.