Alabama Baseball Coaches Association
2023 UNSIGNED HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR BASEBALL PLAYER SHOWCASE
Held Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM)
Sunday, May 21, 2023
* Only for 2023 High School Seniors who played baseball during the
2023 spring season in the State of Alabama.
When & Where: Sunday, May 21 at Auburn University at Montgomery – 7400 East Drive – Montgomery, AL. 36117.
Player Check-In on May 21: 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. CST. at the Concession Stand behind the baseball field. Workout begins at 2:00 p.m. – Ends when the
final player is worked out,
Who May Attend: Any State of Alabama ONLY 2023 Senior High School Baseball Player – AHSAA, AISA, Home Schooled, etc.
* Colleges committed to being at this workout (as of 5/3/23). Colleges will be added as they come onboard:
Auburn University at Montgomery, Bishop State C.C., Coastal Alabama-East C.C., Enterprise State C.C., Gadsden State C.C., Huntingdon College,
LBW C.C., Northwest Shoals C.C., Snead State C.C., Southern Union C.C., Wallace State-Hanceville C.C., Wallace-Selma C.C.
Cost: $95, if the Players High School Baseball Coach is a 2022 – 2023 ALABCA Member, $125 if he is not. The players coach may join before the player registers if he isn’t already a member. This must occur before the player registers if he is to receive the discount.
To see if your Head High School Baseball Coach is a member CLICK HERE.
* How to Pre-Register:
You must pre-register online by May 17, 2023, 5:00 p.m. CST. to attend this Showcase.
The Showcase limit is 90 players. No walk-ups. If pre-registration is closed that means the limit
has been reached. Thank you.
PRE-REGISTER HERE! Pre-Registration is closed as of May 17, 11:50 p.m. CST – No walk-ups allowed.
- Players may workout at one position only.
- All participants are timed in the 60.
- Pitchers throw 12 pitches in the bull pen.
- On-Field Batting Practice – 10 cuts off a Hack Attack Jr.
- Defensive work: OF – Throw from RF – 2 to 3B, 2 to home, INF – Round of infield, Catchers – throw 4 to 2B.
This is a professional style workout.
* In case of inclement weather – The night before the workout – check the ALABCA web-site by 8 p.m. to see if there is a delaying/rescheduling/cancelling of the workout. Go to www.alabca.org, See the Upcoming Events Section on the left hand side of the home page.
Any questions may be directed to Barry Dean at: (334)676-0434 (text is preferred) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common Questions: Players should bring their own baseball gear to workout in – attire, spikes, turfs, hat, glove, bat, helmet, etc. Baseballs, helmets & water will be provided. Players may eat on their own during the workout when they have down time and are not being worked out. Workouts will be over whenever each player is fully worked out – depends on how many players participate, 3/4 hours if the 90 player limit is achieved.