Alabama Baseball Coaches Association
2022 UNSIGNED HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR BASEBALL PLAYER SHOWCASE
January 29, 2022 – Held at Mountain Brook High School
* Only for 2022 Seniors who play baseball during the 2022 spring season
in the State of Alabama.
Pre-Registration is open until January 27, 2022, 5:00 p.m. CST.
Players must pre-register here to attend, NO WALK-UPS ALLOWED.
The Showcase limit is 150 Players. If pre-registration is closed earlier than
January 27 at 5:00 p.m., that means the limit was achieved sooner.
When & Where: Saturday, January 29 at Mountain Brook High School.
Player Check-In on May 22: 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. at the Concession Stand at Mtn. Brook HS. Workout begins at 10:00 a.m. – Ends when the final player is worked out, which should approximately be 3:00 p.m.
Prattville High School Address: 3650 Bethune Drive, Mountain Brook, Alabama 35223.
Who May Attend: Any State of Alabama ONLY 2022 Senior High School Baseball Player – AHSAA, AISA, Home Schooled, etc
Cost: $75, if the Players High School or Travel Ball Baseball Coach is a 2021 – 2022 ALABCA Member, $100 if both are not. The players coach may join before the player registers if he isn’t already a member. This must occur before the player registers if he is to receive the discount.
To see if your Head High School Baseball Coach or Travel Ball Coach is a member Click Here
Click Here to register online.
* Steps to Pre-Register:
1) You must pre-register online by January 27, 2022, 11:50 p.m. CST to attend this Showcase.
The Showcase limit is 150 players. No walk-ups. If pre-registration is closed before January 27 that
means the limit was reached,
2) Completely fill out, sign, scan & email both Waivers below to: [email protected]
COVID-19 Waiver ALABCA 2022 Overall Events Player Waiver
- Players may only workout at one position. Unless the College Coaches present request the player to work out at multiple positions.
If the player pitches and plays a position they should workout at their position, and inform Barry Dean before they throw from their position,
that he’d like to be considered to pitch if the college coaches like his arm action when throwing from his defensive position.
- All participants are timed in the 60.
- Pitchers throw 12 pitches in the bull pen. PO’s throw live first, then may leave.
- On-Field Batting Practice (8 cuts).
- Defensive work: OF – Throw from RF – 2 to 3B, 2 to home, INF – Round of infield, Catchers – throw 4 to 2B.
- Hitters will hit against the PO’s and the position players who are asked to pitch live.
This is a professional style workout.
* In case of inclement weather – The night before the workout – check the ALABCA web-site by 8 p.m. to see if there is a delaying/rescheduling/cancelling of the workout. Go to www.alabca.org, See the Upcoming Events Section on the left hand side of the home page.
Any questions may be directed to Barry Dean at: (334)676-0434 (text is preferred) or [email protected].
Common Questions: Players should bring their own baseball gear to workout in – attire, spikes and turfs, hat, glove, bat, etc. Baseballs, helmets & water will be provided. Players may eat on their own during the workout when they have down time and are not being worked out. Workouts will be over whenever each player is fully worked out – depends on how many players participate, 5/6 hours if the 150 player limit is achieved.