Pickens High School in Jasper Georgia is like ok’ing for a science teacher who is willing to coach baseball. Pease apply at the link below.
TITLE/POSITION Teacher-High School Science 9-12
RETIREMENT: Teacher Retirement System of Georgia
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 5 Month basis
REPORTS TO: Principal
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by state certification authorities.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on evaluation.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with goals establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students:
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis and seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on regular basis.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner:
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aides and/or volunteers.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
Other duties as assigned.