* Items needed for the Student-Athlete’s pre-registration to be completed and accepted:
(This will keep the student-athlete from standing in the on-site registration line upon arriving at his workout)
1) The only way to pre-register is online by May 30, 11:50 p.m. CST. You may register on-site thereafter.
2) Player Workout Fee:
- If the players High School or Travel Ball coach is a 2020 – 2021 ALABCA member: You may only pre-register on-line: $50 (by 5/30, 11:50 p.m. CST cut-off date), On-Site registration thereafter: $65 (cash or credit card – 4% added to credit card transactions).
- If the players High School or Travel Ball coach is not a 2020 – 2021 ALABCA Member: You may only pre-register on-line: $75 (by 5/30 11:50 p.m. CST cut-off date), On-site registration thereafter.: $90 (cash or credit card – 4% added to all credit card transactions).
- No Personal Checks will be accepted for Pre-Reg or On-site Workout Fee.
Check if your Head High School or Travel Ball Baseball Coach is a current member
3) Player may be an AHSAA, AISA, Christian School Assn. or Home Schooled class of 2022 – 2023 (rising 11th – 12th graders) student-athlete.
4) Player & Parent must sign a Voluntary Waiver Release Form (Hard Copy Form found on our site to email it in with on-line pre-registration to [email protected] Thank you.
Workout Information and 2021 High School and JV All-Star Event Selection Information – Please Read Carefully!
- JV (2024 & 2025 Players) All-Star Event Information –
- All JV (2024 & 2025) Players will be chosen by Head High School or Travel Ball Coaches Nominations. There will be no workouts for this age
group. We tried it before and it was hard to get them to workouts. The rosters may be found at alabca.org, under the Events tab up top, then click the All-Star Event link, then find July 12 – 15, 2021 JV All-Star Event link.
- High School (2022 & 2023 Players) All-Star Event Information –
- High School (2022 & 2023) Players may make a team via their Head High School or Travel Ball Baseball Coach who’s an ALABCA Member,
or by attending a June 1 – 3 Regional Workout. If the player is chosen to attend the June 14 – 17 High School All-Star Event via nomination he
does NOT have to attend a Regional Workout.
- There are 8 teams selected before the Regional Workouts. The High School and Travel Ball Coaches nominated them, then we had College Coaches cross check them, marking the ones they knew were All-Star Event worthy. Some players were chosen strictly off their coaches recommendation. You may see the teams rosters at the Event link at alabca.org, see the All-Star Event link, then June 14 – 17 All-Star Event link.
- Up to 2 teams will be selected at the Regional Workouts, however if there’s not enough players All-Star Event worthy from the college coaches point of view at the workouts, then the ALABCA will select more players from the nominations, as plenty were nominated.
- The High School Player (2022/2023) Regional Workouts are at –
June 1, Vestavia Hills High School
June 2, Prattville High School
June 3, University of Mobile * Changed as of May 28
- Players may attend only one of these, however they may attend either one of them, no matter where they live in Alabama.
- Players check-in at each workout is from 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. CST, workout begins shortly thereafter, depending upon the walk-up crowd.
- Players may workout at only one position. If a player is a pitcher and position player, it’s recommended that he workout at his position in the field, yet tell
the college coaches he wants to throw from the mound, should the college coaches like his arm when he throws from his position.
- Workout Itinerary:
A. Pitcher Only’s throw in the bull pen then may leave.
B. Position Players: Run the 60. On-Field BP (8 cuts per player) off a hack attack machine. Position Players throw from their position, Position Players selected to pitch throw in the bull pen. Workout completed.
* Players should bring their tennis/turf shoes in case the workout is held inside a facility or on a turf field. If inclement weather is strongly forecasted you may check the web-site, www.alabca.org, and check in the “Upcoming Events” section in the left hand side of the home page to see if your workout has been rescheduled. This will be posted by 8:00 p.m. on the night before your workout.